H.Hogarth is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
H.Hogarth may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
The Data Controller is H Hogarth. In this policy 'we' 'us' and 'our' means H Hogarth.
What we collect
We may collect the following information when you create an account or place an order:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
The legal basis for collecting this information is consensual, we will only take this information if you consent to providing it to us.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided but only if you have opted in to our email marketing.
We keep the personal data we collect when you make an account or make a purchase with us for a maximum of seven years. This is the legal timescale we are allowed to keep data for. We keep a record of all purchases to comply with a legal obligation, we need the transaction information to comply with our tax and financial reporting obligations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use essential cookies to ensure our website works correctly. These are required and ensure the shopping basket works and enable people to log into their accounts.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. We also use Google Analytics to measure our website useage.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We also use remarketing cookies to advertise online. These enable our advert providers (such as Google) to display adverts for our site and products on other websites you might visit. Our advert providers use these remarketing cookies to serve adverts to you based on your past visits. We sometimes work with third parties to deliver these adverts. In the case where we work with trusted third parties we have contracts in place to ensure the handling of your data is secure.
How to Disable cookies?
If you wish it is possible to turn off cookies. However by doing so it will affect the functionality and experience of our website.
For your assistance we have produced a step by step guide to turn cookies off on different browsers -
For Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Select “Settings”
- Click “Show advanced settings”
- In the “Privacy” section, selcet the “Content settings” button
- In the “Cookies” section select the relevant options
For Mozilla Firefox:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the “Firefox” button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click “Options”
- Select the “Privacy” panel
- Set “Firefox will:” to “Use custom settings for history” and select the relevant options
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Select the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Click the appropriate setting
- At the top of the window, click on the “Opera” button
- Highlight “settings” and click “preferences”
- Select the “advanced” tab, click “cookies” and select the relevant options
To find out more about cookies please visit this website www.allaboutcookies.org
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, your personal information will only be used for direct marketing purposes if you tick the box to say it is okay.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. This will be done free of charge within 20 days of your request. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to erasure. If you wish for us to delete the information we hold on you please contact us by email, email@example.com or write to us at H Hogarth, 43-45 Branthwaite Brow, Kendal, LA9 4TX. You information will be deleted within 20 days of your request.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.